[Samba] How stable is head and when will it be released?

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Fri Feb 8 09:09:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm contemplating to upgrade my samba-tng server to one of the other sambas. In
that regard I am wondering what will be the route to take to enjoy a system
where I will be relieved from doing large-scale changes in my ldapdirectory. The
reason I'm running tng is because ldap support didn't exist for samba when I set
it up. Now, here I go:
1. When do you think group mapping will become a part of the stable samba dist.
2. Is it possible to get a smbadduser that also adds the user to the ldap dir in
the future? (basicly adding the posix parts too? )
3. has anyone tried to move from tng to samba-stable? What changes did you do?

Many thanks for your answers.

Tarjei