[Samba] MY Compiling Issues w/2.2.3a [amoote@ivhs.com]

Alan Moote amoote at ivhs.com
Fri Feb 8 07:06:06 GMT 2002

I am having some trouble compiling Samba 2.2.3a on RedHat 7.2.  I normally
use the RH RPMs to install, but we I am going to require full ACL support
now.  I have not had to compile Samba before, so the issues I am having are
probably easilt resolved by someone with mmore experience.

Here's the issue:

I have read some Samba docs, Redhat Docs and some docs from bestbits.at
about recompiling the kernel AND Samba to support ACLs.  I have finished
with the kernel and it seems fine.  Now when I run:

./configure --with-winbind --with-quotas --with-smbwrapper
--with-acl-support

I watch it run and at the end it reads:

checking to support ACLs... checking for acl_get_file in -lacl... (cached)
no
cecking for ACL support... (cached) no

The configure seems to run fine except not all of mt variables are working.
 I figure I must have missed a step, but I can't see where.

Anybody have any ideas where I should double check?

Thanks alot,

Alan Moote