[Samba] Is there anything wrong with Swat for Samba 2.2.3a--- very very urgent

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Feb 8 06:28:14 GMT 2002

Hello Depak,
were you using --with-pam as a configuration option in your previous samba?
That's the only thing I can think of
off hand - if you weren't, then swat just uses crypt and bigcrypt to encrypt
the plaintext passwd you type in and
compare it to the unix password; but --with-pam configuration will force
swat to do a pam_authenticate() to get
this job done, and perhaps there is something in your pam configuration that
is not appropriate.
This is just a guess,
Don