[Samba] NT Domain Help

mark.johnston at xmedia.ch mark.johnston at xmedia.ch
Thu Feb 7 07:36:11 GMT 2002

Hi all .... I'm finding myself with steam coming out my ears for the strain
that I'm taking with Samba at the moment. I need your help bit time.

Here is the situation. I have a NT 4.0 PDC sp6 and a newly installed Samba
server on Linux 7.1 with all patches applied. I would like our NT users to
be able to view the shares that I have set on the server, but by using thier
NT user and domain names. I have read the man pages tons of times but I am
still missing something to make it all snap together and some other troubles
too.

First thing is that I cant get the smbpasswd -j -r etc to join the samba
server to the domain. I just get session failed. Funny thing is that the
server is listed in the server manger on the PDC, but when trying to delete
it, it says that it has already been deleted.

I have tried security = server with no luck. I am a little unsure on how to
setup users and which users need to go where etc ....

Help is appreciated.

Mark Johnston