[Samba] (no subject)

Al Moote amoote at ivhs.com
Thu Feb 7 05:52:05 GMT 2002

Sorry if this looks like a repeat post.  I tried to send it before but did not receive a copy from the list, so I figure it didn't go through (possibly because I use the Lotus iNotes client which is HTML only):

I am trying to recompile my RH 7.2 system with the 2.4.17 kernel listed at acl.bestbits.at.  I haven't recompiled a kernel before and I was doing quite well until I hit a snag.  When we upgraded to RH 7.2, we choose to go with the GRUB loader instead of LILO.  I can't seem to figure out what to do with my new kernel to get it recognized by GRUB.  I'd like the option of choosing an older kernel in place of this one should it fail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alan B. Moote
Systems Administrator
MARK IV Industries