[Samba] login scripts.....

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Thu Feb 7 02:37:04 GMT 2002

Yes, it is possible.

   You need to put your users into unix groups on the server and then your
login script needs to be :

logon script = login.%g.bat

{From smb.conf manpage :
The  script  must be a relative path to the [netlogon] service. If the
[netlogon] service specifies a path of /usr/local/samba/netlogon, and logon
script = STARTUP.BAT, then the file that will be downloaded is:

               /usr/local/samba/netlogon/STARTUP.BAT
}

Hope this helps
Martyn.

At 10:07 AM 2/7/02 +0530, msew-bangalore wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>     right Now I am using NT Machine as My PDC Server,  for some reasons I
> want to change my PDC to Samba PDC Server, But I've a problem How can I
> run diffrent login scripts for different level of users bec'z I'm using 3
> login scripts right now 1 for manager's, 1 for Mkt'ing guys and 1 for
> normal users.
>
>Is it possible in Samba also.
>
>thanks
>
>deepak