[Samba] creating users in windows

Jeff Johnston jeffj at jeffj.student.umd.edu
Wed Feb 6 18:41:07 GMT 2002

I have set up a Samba PDC and have gotten a machine running windows XP to
join the domain.  I have also gotten roaming profiles to work for existing
users on the XP box.  The problem is I cannot create new users on the NT
machine.  The error message says that trust could not be established with
the domain to create a new user.  I can't change a user's permission
either.  Is there something I need to compile into samba?  Do I need to
install WinBind?

Also, if I do get this to work and I create a new user, will the user also
be created on the PDC?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Johnston