[Samba] Samba 2.2.3 and winbind

Chris Garringer chris.garringer at tic.toshiba.com
Wed Feb 6 15:49:06 GMT 2002

I compiled samba 2.2.3 with --winbind on a Redhat 7.2 machine.  All I
require is to authenticate Samba users, I do NOT want NT users
authenticating via a UNIX session.  The system worked for chown, chgrp
and samba access for a NT user (valid user = DOMAIN+Username).  I could
access the share with no problem.  When I tried a NT group name in the
valid users parameter, both a NT 4 and W2k machine could not connect to
the share, each requested a username/password.  I went through the HOWTO
and everygthing is set, no PAM changes were made since I wanted only
Samba to use winbind.  Do winbind groups work in samba?  Is there a
different syntax than @DOMAIN+Groupname?  Thanks

Chris D. Garringer
LAN/WAN Supervisor
Toshiba International