[Samba] strange smbstatus behavior

Peter Hübschen pehu at wiwi.uni-sb.de
Wed Feb 6 13:26:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have a RH7.1 machine with a 2.4.17-xfs kernel. On Monday I compiled
and installed samba 2.2.3; compile options: --prefix=<pathtoosamba>
--with-pam --with-quotas.
We use smbstatus to check if one login exists on more than one machine
(complete command: smbstatus -S|grep <share_name>|sort) . Today it
happend that smbstatus returned some entries 3, 4 and up to 8 times.
So I've did a su and did rerun the command, everything worked as normal.
So only if a user other than root runs this command the output is not
correct.
With samba 2.2.2 this did not happen.

Thanks
Peter