[Samba] Samba 2.2.2 vs. Windows 2000

Jonathan Ungar Jonathan.Ungar at grassroots.com
Wed Feb 6 11:28:02 GMT 2002

quick followup: Nice going. I had a firewall running on the linux box, but of course I forgot about that... so the inbound smb connections weren't going through.  Never forget to check the obvious, kids!

now if I could just get winbindd working properly...

- Jonathan Ungar

\\newintranet\webdata" (which should be a valid share name on the linux machine) from a win2k machine,  but I find it strange that I'm frequently (but not always) getting the same message trying to use the same type of command from one windows machine to another, and I'm looking for domain configuration problems...

But then again, outside of this one error from using 'net view' in this way, none of my Win2K machines seems to have any trouble actually accessing each other's shares, etc. Just the Linux box... so maybe this is just a weird quirk with the win2K 'net' command.

Any suggestions ?  I'm pretty much stuck at this point...  thanks!

	 Jonathan Ungar
	 Systems Administrator
       Grassroots Enterprise, Inc.