[Samba] printer driver problems with 2.2.3

christoph.beyer at desy.de christoph.beyer at desy.de
Wed Feb 6 10:59:03 GMT 2002

hi,

maybe I missed something obvious (?): I installed 2.2.3 and copied the
X.tdb and the W32XXX directory from my previous 2.2.0 version. Everything
works quite fine, but I can not configure the drivers anymore. All the
access rights etc are set correctly. It looks like the settings 'standard
settings for documents' reset the other settings defined by using the
'properties' card (I don't use an english version of windows, so I can
only guess the correct names of the menus).

For ex if I announce a duplex unit in the properties, and then define the
paperformat for the additional tray in the default settings for documents
the duplex unit disappears from the settings again :-(

I have the same effect when I install a whole new version without any
older driver information, is it a bug?

Any hints someone ???

Oh by the way the speed in browsing the printers and properties card has
greatly improved, thank you !!!!

gruesse
	~christoph