[Samba] Configuring a Samba Domain Member Server

Thomas, Daniel J. Daniel.Thomas at jhuapl.edu
Wed Feb 6 09:39:03 GMT 2002

Duh!  Just RTFMed... OK, so they say that Winbind is currently only
supported for Linux.... but it can be ported to other flavors of Unix?  This
means to force the option to compile winbind when building Samba on a
Solaris system?

Has anyone done this?

If this doesn't work is there any way to configure a Linux machine to acts a
negotiator between the Sun server and the NT domain?

Since we know this works on Linux, can the Linux box pass the domain info to
the sun box somehow?

-Dan