[Samba] samba-nfs

Rupert Kolb rupert.kolb at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Feb 6 09:14:05 GMT 2002

Eli Kleinman wrote:
> Re: samba & NFS
>
> Is it ok to run samba and NFS on the same machine?
>
> I want to have a samba share for /data1 and a different NFS mount
> point for /data2, can samba and NFS co-exists on the same
> Solaris 8 x86 box, are there any known issues?
[...]

Yes.

We use this (NFS *and* Samba) at various Solaris versions, at True64
Unix, at IRIX and at SuSE Linux.

Our users can use the same directory via NFS (and automounter) and via
SAMBA:
for instance: /export/disk1
via NFS:
   host1:/export/disk1 mounted on /disk1 (using /etc/(v)fstab),
               or for instance on /disks/disk1 (using automounter)
via SAMBA: \\host1\disk1 with an entry in smb.conf:
   [disk1]
      path = /export/disk1

--
Rupert Kolb