[Samba] Oplock problems ??

fibe at post2.tele.dk fibe at post2.tele.dk
Wed Feb 6 08:54:03 GMT 2002

Hi,
I am trying to set-up a samba server and have tried with different distributions and version of Samba but every time when I test it, it fails with several messages of the following kind:

Feb  5 22:41:02 p200 smbd[2612]:   request_oplock_break: no response received to oplock break request to pid 2610 on port 1063 for dev = 341, inode = 98306

The test I do is simply to copy one large file (750 MB) from a Win98 client to the Samba server and it fails every time.

The situation is the same on all the following configurations:
SuSE 7.2, Samba 2.2.0
Redhat 7.5, Samba 2.2.1
Mandrake 8.1, Samba 2.2.2

I have tried to change the OPLOCK parameters in SMB.CONF and even turn if off but the fault remains the same. I don't get the above error messages when OPLOCK is turned off.

Does anybody have any suggestions where to look for the problem ?

//Find