[Samba] Re: Samba 2.2.3 RedHat Intel 6.2 and 7.2 binary packages created

Max TenEyck Woodbury mtew at cds.duke.edu
Wed Feb 6 07:36:22 GMT 2002

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Subject says it all really, I've created binary packages
> for RedHat Intel 6.2 and 7.2 of Samba 2.2.3 and uploaded
> them to the binary packages area on Samba.org.
>
> URL is :
>
> ftp://samba.org/pub/samba/Binary_Packages/redhat/RPMS
>
> in the subdirectories 6.2 and 7.2, and the source RPMS
> are available at the URL :
>
> ftp://samba.org/pub/samba/Binary_Packages/redhat/SRPMS
>
> in the subdirectories 6.2 and 7.2.
>
> Have fun - I'm off to Australia for the first time for
> the Brisbane Linux conference :-).
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Jeremy Allison,
>         Samba Team.

I hate to be critical, and I will probably build a binary
distribution from the sources, but the single package in
the SaMBa redhat 7.2 directory is NOT compatable with the
normal redhat linux 7.2 distribution. The normal redhat
linux 7.2 distribution contains three RPMs, not one. They are:
Samba-common
Samba-client
Samba-server

mtew at cds.duke.edu