[Samba] Samba and 2k/NT4 server -shares readable but not writable

John Little jlittle_97 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 01:44:10 GMT 2002

Hello everyone,

I have Samba 2.2.2-3.2mdk setup on a workstation that
accesses a w2k and NT4 server.

I can mount the 2k share ok to /mnt/disk, and I can
read the documents and files on it.  However I can't
write to it as a user-Access denied.  When logged in
as root or su everything works perfectly

I have opened the permissions to allow guest and
everyone on both machines but the problem still
persists.

I tried creating a document in a home directory and
the copying it to /mnt/disk but got the same result.

I also stopped the bastille firewall and all other
such services.

Can anyone shoot me in the right direction to getting
this resolved?

Thanks to all!
John