[Samba] Configuring Samba on AIX

Ham MI-LY, Gerhard Stehr gerhard.stehr at kuehne-nagel.com
Wed Feb 6 00:58:20 GMT 2002

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a samba server on AIX 4.3.3 and I am able to mount
filessystems on my Windows2000 PC. But, I want to have several
filesystems only accessible after a given login and password of the
owner (valid user) and some
writable to all without password (/tmp).

The /tmp FS works fine. At mounting the others the system asks me for a
login/password first. But
when I entered one I can either read all the others (no password
prompting anymore) or
the system asks me for a username and password, but says the filesystem
is already in use with another
username and should be released first, which is very strange in my
opinion... (this is the actual
configuration)

How do I have to configure samba the right way?
I didn't find my problem in the documentations.

Kind regards
Gerhard

My smb.conf file is as follows (there is also a smbpasswd file with 4
users in it):

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]

   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   server string = Samba
   netbios name = ZAPHOD
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   max log size = 5000
   log level = 1
   security = server
#   map to guest = Bad User
   encrypt passwords = no
#   username map = /usr/local/samba/users.map
#   map to guest = Never

# Use password server option only with security = server
# The argument list may include:
#   password server = My_PDC_Name [My_BDC_Name] [My_Next_BDC_Name]
# or to auto-locate the domain controller/s
   password server =  10.63.253.52
;  password server = <NT-Server-Name>

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY

==============================