[Samba] Timeout (?) with a Win2K client

Stefan Mashkevich mash at mashke.org
Tue Feb 5 12:41:33 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I have a Win2K machine talking to a Samba 2.2.1 (Red Hat 7.2) box, and
here's what happens: When I try to open the Samba share from the client
after some period of inactivity, I (not always, but in most cases) get
the message:

\\myserver\myshare is not accessible.
The network path was not found.

At the same time, I can ping the Samba box all right. It usually takes 10
or so repeated attempts to get the share to open. Alternatively, a Samba
restart helps immediately.

Can it be a problem with (a) Samba setting(s)?

Thanks in advance,
                                               Stefan