[Samba] Pure SMB without NetBIOS.

Taisto Qvist Taisto at ip-solutions.se
Mon Feb 4 23:24:03 GMT 2002

Not quite.
This is the SMB protcol WITHOUT Netbios.
They have removed the entire netbios protocol and are
running the filesharing directtly over TCP on port 445.

Normal NetBIOS over TCP/IP uses ports 137-139 normally.

Just go into TCP/IP advanced settings on your windows 2000
host, and you can turn of NetBIOS over TCPIP on the WINS-tab.

I want to do this, but can figure out if, how or when samba will
support this.

Regards
Taisto Qvist
IP Solutions