[Samba] smb/unix password sync

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Mon Feb 4 22:31:54 GMT 2002

In RedHat Linux 7.1 and samba 2.2.2 this is working fine:
 passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
 passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *success*
 unix password sync = Yes

To obtain a working passwd chat, run passwd manually and look at the
output.
Then, use that output to build the 'passwd chat' string

HTH
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.