[Samba] Samba 2.2.3 - Unable to replace old file on share with new file

Charles Lee Charles.Lee at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 09:18:33 GMT 2002

Though I am unable to supply any logs at present (I'm at work... talked flat
mate thought testing this at home) I can confirm the problems described
earlier by Martin Thomas and Gene Cohler.

When trying to replace an old file on a share with a new file of the same name
an access denied message is displayed. The old file can be deleted from the
share.

Client: Windows 2000 SP2
Server: Samba 2.2.3 compiled from CVS last night
Server Platform: Intel Hardware, Mandrake 7.2 with custom kernel 2.2.17
smb.conf (haven't got it here): ACL support is disabled, using default create
permissions on the share that was tested

If this bug extends to updating of roaming profiles then this could be causing
serious problems out there.

Other than this though: keep up the excellent work. Thanks!

Thanks,
Charlie