[Samba] Re: Samba 2.2.3 doesn´t compile on HPUX 10.20

thomas.tiedtke at snafu.de thomas.tiedtke at snafu.de
Mon Feb 4 09:03:48 GMT 2002

> Hi,
>
> I try to compile the new 2.2.3 Release on a HPUX 10.20 Box. After a autoconf,
> configure --prefix=... (nothing else changed as config paths)a gmake give me:
>
> Compiling smb/server.c
> In file included from include/includes.h:722,
>                  from smbd/server.c:22
> nsswitch/nss.h:81:22: nsswitch.h: No such file or directroy
> gmake : *** [smbd/server.o] Error1
>
> I take a look on a HPUX 11.x Box, where I have found a
> \usr\include\nsswitch.h ...
> On the HPUX 10.20 Boxes was no nsswitch.h found ... maybe introduced with
HPUX
> 11.x?
>
> I not sure, but the nsswitch funktion is only necessary to build the
winbindd,
> what is unsupported an HPUX 10.20, so isn´t needful to compile.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Ok! I have take a look at nsswitch/nss.h and comment the following lines out:

/* #elif defined(HPUX)                           <<--- deselect the HPUX Section
 HP-UX 11

#include "nsswitch/hp_nss_common.h"
#include "nsswitch/hp_nss_dbdefs.h"
#include <nsswitch.h>

#ifndef _HAVE_TYPEDEF_NSS_STATUS
#define _HAVE_TYPEDEF_NSS_STATUS
typedef nss_status_t NSS_STATUS;

#define NSS_STATUS_SUCCESS     NSS_SUCCESS
#define NSS_STATUS_NOTFOUND    NSS_NOTFOUND
#define NSS_STATUS_UNAVAIL     NSS_UNAVAIL
#define NSS_STATUS_TRYAGAIN    NSS_TRYAGAIN
#endif  HPUX */                                    <<-- End

I my opinion this will make a de-selection of the winbindd Support on HPUX
Boxes (on both 10x and 11.x). This is not a solution, but a quick and cheap
turnaround for me to make a gmake.

Regards,
Thomas

EDV-Service Thomas Tiedtke