[Samba] Winbind problem - Samba 2.2.3

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 07:07:14 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have just loaded 2.2.3 this morning and it looks like we still have the
same problem with winbindd which we had with 2.2.3pre.

The winbindd log is full of :

[2002/02/04 12:54:18, 0]
nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgrnam_from_group(220)
  getgrname_from_group(): could not get domain sid for domain @UK

Eventually the normal function of winbind stops, despite 'wbinfo -t'
reporting that the 'secret is good'.

Once winbind is restarted then it returns to full function - although the
above messages continue.  Whilst this happened with 2.2.3pre, after a few
days winbindd stopped working altogether and refused to even load.

My fix for this was to fallback to the winbindd/wbinfo 2.2.2 binaries and
deal with the memory leak which we have been doing successfully for the last
few weeks.

I'll increase the log level and see if I can pinpoint the problem but I
think we are heading for another series of panics etc.  If it comes to it,
I'll recompile with the debug info and try and capture a backtrace (and send
it to Tim ?)

Cheers,
Noel