[Samba] RID - how do I get it?

td at birddog.com td at birddog.com
Sun Feb 3 22:44:03 GMT 2002

Ok, perhaps I will do that calculation in my ldap manager to set it all at once.
 This would work too correct?

Quoting Chris Bünger <cb at trimon.de>:

 First you create a posix user account in your ldap. after you got him
 running do "smbpasswd -a username -D 256". smbpasswd calculates the Relative
 IDentifer for you (UID * 2 +1000). the rid is for windows user management.

 i found out that only the last SAMBA_2_2 releases delivered the correct rid.

 chris