[Samba] Re: samba 2.2.3 oplock_break

Martin Thomas mthomas at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sun Feb 3 21:04:05 GMT 2002

There is a problem with overwriting files on Samba 2.2.3
shares which I can reproduce here with servers running Linux.
I've described it in a mail to the list.
(http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba/2002-February/065878.html)
Here I do not see oplock failures at debug-level 10 with
Linux (Kernel 2.4.16). I will try Samba 2.2.3 on an old HP
workstation running HP-UX 10.20, but this machine needs
hours to compile...
Checked the WHATSNEW.txt from the tar-file, but
the 3 new smb.conf parameters don't look like they
'fit' to this issue.

Sorry, I do not have a solutions. But at least I can verify your
findings with very different hardware and OS.

Martin