[Samba] Autostart of SMB

Martin Thomas mthomas at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sun Feb 3 17:08:06 GMT 2002

check your /etc/inittab to find your default runlevel.
Make shure there are symbolic links to your
Samba start script (/etc/rc.d.init.d/smb)
in the rc-Directory for your default runlevel.
For example if the default runlevel is 2
you need something like "S50samba -> ../init.d/smb"
in /etc/rc2.d. - The file locations may be different in
every distribution, but I hope this points in the
right direction - Good luck - Martin