[Samba] 'The credentials supplied conflict...'

Tim Boyer tim at denmantire.com
Fri Feb 1 13:49:19 GMT 2002

I'm running 2.0.6 on a Data General box.  It's been running without a hitch
for a couple of years, and suddenly - as of last week - I've lost all of my
shares.

I'm running Windows 2000, and I've got the 'don't encrypt passwords'
registry patch installed.  I've got 40 other users, all running Windows 98,
and it's still working perfectly for them. I haven't upgraded, or changed
hardware - though lord knows what the weekly 'Critical updates!!!!' is doing
to my W2k system.

I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting this.

When I click on a directory share, I can get there - once.  If I back out
and try to get in again, or try to go to another directory, I get

'The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials'.

I'm only on this one machine, and only on once.

I can get into any directory as a 'guest'.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-- tim --

Tim Boyer
Director
Information Systems and Engineering Projects
Denman Tire Corporation
tim at denmantire.com <mailto:tim at denmantire.com>