[Samba] Group quotas

John Doucette jdoucett at gienow.com
Fri Feb 1 12:18:06 GMT 2002

With Samba 2.2.2 compiled with quota support, on an ext3 filesystem with
only group quotas turned on, in Windows Explorer I see the full size of the
partition reported instead of the quota specified space. If I use user
quotas, I see the quota specified space and not the partition size. I have
tested this with stock kernels on Mandrake 8.1 and Red Hat 7.2.

I have read that the quota.c file checks the user quota not the group quota
which seems to match my testing. Has anyone hacked the quota.c file
successfully to use group quotas. Hacking the quota.c file is a big stretch
for me, and would rather use a known good file created by someone else if I
could.

Anyone have any experience in this area? Your assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards
John