[Samba] Mounting an Nt box on and SGI Server

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Fri Feb 1 11:41:17 GMT 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Pritchard Daniel B SSgt AFOTEC/31TES wrote:

> I was just wondering if I could use Samba to mount an Nt drive from an NT
> 4.0 Server on my SGI box. I have looked through the pages and cant find out.
> Any help would be appreciated. If so maybe also how to or where to find docs
> on this.

Don't know if there is anything IRIX specific you can use ...

Samba contains smbsh (smbwrapper) that gives you the appearance of a mount
(shared library tricks).

Sharity is a tool that gives you a SMB to NFS mapping, and you use the
OS' NFS support. There is a free "light" version and a non-free commercial
version.

Don't know how well any of this works.

/Urban