[Samba] Win2K help.

Engstrom_Carl at emc.com Engstrom_Carl at emc.com
Fri Feb 1 10:02:07 GMT 2002

I'm running samba 2.2.1a on RedHat 7.1.  Samba is acting as the PDC for a
small network.

I'm having difficulty getting my Windows 2000 server and workstations to
talk to the PDC.

First, does 2.2.1a support win2K without patches etc?

next, is there a resource that can give me step by step instructions on
setting things up and joining the domain.

I have seen lots of material and tried all sorts of different techniques,
but I have yet to find the answer.  Basically, I'm looking for instructions
on 1) setting up the server with the right accounts (machine, admin etc) 2)
setting up the client to talk to the PDC. 3) Printing in this new world
order.

thanks

Carl Engstrom

"He who has not first laid his foundations, may with great ability,
lay them afterwards, but they will be laid with trouble to the architect
and a danger to the building." 	- Machiavelli