[Samba] Samba 2.2.2 & WinXP

Ronen Baram ronen_b at coreflow.com
Fri Feb 1 06:10:04 GMT 2002

Hello,

Recently I've installed Samba 2.2.2 on RedHat 7.1 as PDC.
The Domain works just fine - all Win98 & Win2K login with no problems at all....

But, WinXP doesn't.... when I tries to login to the Samba, I've got error massage "Windows cannot connect to the Domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unviable, or because your computer account can't be found...."

that's cool, but there is a computer account for the XP machine in the smbpasswd...
I even remove and re-joined the machine (after delete the computer account) to re-create it.

below is my smb.conf file.

would be glad for some help :)

      Ronen Baram

System & Network Administrator
Coreflow - Scientific Solutions ltd.
P.O. box 626, Yokneam, 20692, Israel
Tel: 972-4-9935757 ext. 117
Fax: 972-4-9935858
Web: www.coreflow.com
Email: ronen_b at coreflow.com

smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
 domain master = True
 add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u
 dns proxy = No
 logon path =
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 wins support = Yes