OT [Samba] inquiry

Oliver Six o.six at cahos.net
Fri Feb 1 04:48:30 GMT 2002

Ike Cuta <ike_cuta at yahoo.com> wrote on 01.02.2002 12:44:26:

>Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>I would like to inquire if samaba server has features
>to limit the internet access to specific windows
>clients only.  Meaning If some windows clients have
>not given the privilege, they cannot access the
>internet.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Ike Cuta
>Philippines

Hi Ike,

Samba is a file server for windows clients. You may have a look at proxy
servers (squid for example) or firewalls (ipchains for instance) to limit
internet access.

Ciao Oliver
--
Good programming is 40% experience, 30% skill, 20% RTFM, 10% caffeine, and
5% attention to detail.

Oliver Six, CEO
CAHOS GmbH, Cimbernstr. 51, Germany 81377 Muenchen
Phone +49 89 71 01 93 40,  Fax +49 89 71 01 93 41