[Samba] samba3.0alpha21: why these messages for most commands? Please.

Chere Zhou qzhou at isilon.com
Tue Dec 31 20:14:00 GMT 2002

I am sure that I don't have any special code page or coding related settings
in smb.conf -- they are all the default values.  Whenever I start testparm,
smbstatus, or net command, I get:

Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to ASCII not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported

What can I do to make them disappear?  What should be the default setting for
US?

Thanks,
Chere