[Samba] SAMBA 2.2.7-2 with Redhat 8 + and NT-4 (sp6 PDC)

Clark Clark at hlb.com
Tue Dec 31 19:01:01 GMT 2002

I have many Linux ( 6.5, 7-7.3, 8)  servers running samba and working with
the NT4 (sp6) PDC. All seems to work okay Sometimes I find that the Server
Manager
on the NT side can't see the server and up till now, all I had to do is
remove it from
the domain, re-add it and run the smbpasswd command to join the domain ( it
states that it has joined the domain) re-start samba and the problem was
fixed....

My problem is on of the RedHat 8 ( up to date, from the web) Samba 2.2.7-2
on a server and it has been working just fine for months,( but not on
2.2.7-2)  now I get the problem Server Manager in NT 4 (SP-6) can see it, "
The specified password is not correct "  On a windows ( NT-4, XP,98) client
side, You see the server and when trying to login to the share you get a
password error and can't get to the share.   Running smbclient on the same
server you get authorized failure ( password )

I'm guessing that problems on the NT side as that's where the passwords are
stored,   The SAM database, is there a way to rebuild or reindex that?
Or is the problem with SAMBA and talking to the PDC

Anyone got any thing to try ?  I'm lost

Thanks
Clark