[Samba] Something equivelent to 'invalid chars'?

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Tue Dec 31 17:38:01 GMT 2002

I'm having a problem with some client machines connecting to Samba using
'bad' chars.  Actually, the chars are legal but the clients get confused
seeing them come back after putting them there (this is Mac-OS-X, btw).
 For example, the 'florin' char (script small latin F with hook [unicode
0x0192]) often used to abbreviate 'folder'.  I would like the server to
refuse this char, and perhaps many other.

I see how to easily add chars using valid chars, but is there an easy
way to do the inverse?

Thanks!!

Phil