[Samba] Re: Samba & Vision FS

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Tue Dec 31 03:25:01 GMT 2002

> Which software Visionfs or Samba do you recommend for Unix to windows
> printing. (i.e Printing from Unix based programs to a printer with
parallel
> connection to a PC on the same LAN.)  Where can i get some information on
> how to setup Visionfs.

Although I've used Visionfs, I have not needed it to print from the Unix
machine to a printer connected to a Windows machine. Whenever I have used
Vision, it has always been to print on a printer either connected to the
Unix machine or a printer running lpd.  I've used samba for what you are
doing a couple of times and it works OK, although I have had several
different issues with samba printing (most having nothing to do with the
config you are talking about).   Anyway, long story short, I'm probably not
the best person to give you a comparison of that particular setup. Anyone
else???

Trey Nolen