[Samba] how to create smbpasswd file

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Mon Dec 30 16:02:00 GMT 2002

Just running the smbpasswd -a {userid} will create the smbpasswd file if it
does NOT exist.  It places the file where the smb.conf file is located,
normally.  If one exist, it just appends the new user to the file.

Andy

Vernon A. Fort (Andy)
Provident Solutions, LLC
(615) 427-4016 http://www.provident-solutions.com