[Samba] Samba 2.2.7a and LDAP Rebind for Slave enviroment ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Mon Dec 30 11:32:00 GMT 2002

Greetings ...

	Been away a little so, please forgive me if this has been discussed ...
I did search the archives and googled the net and this is what I came up
with ...

	Standard Samba 2.2.7 does not rebind to do updates.  This is a problem
when using LDAP and a replicated directory.

	I found http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html, which
has a patch to add rebind. Which I am going to try, because I need it
and it looks right, not that I am a programmer or anything like that.

	I was wondering when, or if this would be added to 2.2.  I know that we
don't wish to add anything to 2.2, unless it is a bug fix or sercurity
problem, but this could be a problem before 3.0 gets released as production.

Thanks.
Mailed
Lee