[Samba] error message in smbd.log file: bind failed on port 139 socket_addr = 0.0.0.0.

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Dec 30 02:35:02 GMT 2002

tcp is a transport protocol. It isn't a daemon. You have not understood the
output.
Post the output of netstat -anp | grep 139.
Is xinetd or inetd or smbd listening to this port?
Joel