[Samba] vs W95

cbsled at ncia.net cbsled at ncia.net
Sun Dec 29 15:09:00 GMT 2002

This is my first Samba installation.
It worked one time.

The next time I started the W95 box, it wouldn't log in. I tried the regedit "EnablePlainTextPassword" on and off, I tried different passwords, I tried null passwords, I tried a "guest ok" share. No go on anything. There is no firewall on the server. It's on an isolated network, so it doesn't need one. A Linux laptop connected to the network has no trouble logging on. The Samba server logs all the login attempts as "authentication failure", while the same username and password works from the laptop.

Any suggestions?
(Besides format and install Linux)
Any useful diagnostics from DOS?

Carl Brown cbsled at ncia.net