[Samba] (no subject)

Alan alan at nonsite.co.uk
Sun Dec 29 05:02:59 GMT 2002

'I'm running a small web development environment with Red Hat 8.0 as a
server for running Apache and PHP and Windows 2000 for ASP and SQL
server. I
have only managed  partial success in setting up Samba and getting the
two
machines to communicate.

The domain name is FLOWXYZ and the two machines are configured as
follows:
The server is   moses and its IP address is 192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0

The Win2k machine is   manumission and its   IP address: 192.168.0.2 /
255.255.255.0

I am able to see the  Linux machine under Network Neighbourhood on
Win2k,
but when I  open the icon to view shared folders, I get the following
error
message :

\\Moses <file:///\\Moses>  is not accessible - Network path not found

Ideas as to why this message appears?
I am also getting  a weird message when I try and access  shared
directories
from Linux machine by typing in the command line:  smbclient
file://moses/home/test <file:///\\moses\home\test>  -U root

Instead of connecting to SMB, I get the following error :

Domain=[FLOWXYZ] OS=[UNIX] Server=[Samba 2.2.5]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

Idea as to what this  message means?
I'm using the standard Red Hat smb.conf file with the domain name
changed
and a few of my own shares added. I have also added manumission (the
win2k
machine) as a system user with the password entered in smbpassword file.
All passwords are encrypted.

Is there anything else that I have to do with the groups or may have
left
out?  I can't figure out why its not working'