[Samba] samb.conf

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Dec 28 13:29:03 GMT 2002

Since you are a beginner, and coming from windows98 you don't care about
security yet, I would do two things to make your life easier for now.

In the global section, put:
guest account = root

This would be good for a share definition:

[AllFiles]
	comment = All Files
	path = /
	read only = no
	guest ok =  yes

This will give any windows user complete access to your linux box. Some
people would say this is bad.

Once you get this setup working,  you can put in restrictions on
access. But, then you can learn all about passwords, permissions,
firewalls, and all that annoying stuff which will provide hours of fun
in the years to come.

Joel