[Samba] samb.conf

Eddie Doyle eddiedoyle555 at msn.com
Sat Dec 28 04:31:01 GMT 2002

I'm very new to linux, I'm using Linux 8.0, seemed very easy to configure at
first, but I'm having trouble configuring how to connect to my computer
using linux from my computer using windows98.  I see the Mygroup Icon in
NetworkNeighborhood and also my user name, but when I click on it, it says
to provide a password.  I use my user password from linux but no avail.
Somewhere I read where you can configure the smb.conf file, but I'm not sure
what editor to use or what kind of chmod command to put on it or anything.
I read the help file and it refers me to something called swat, but there
isn't any reference to it.
Can anyone help? Thanks.