[Samba] Re: changing passwords from win2k

Jeffrey R. Meyer jeffm at andersonlabs.com
Fri Dec 27 16:13:00 GMT 2002

Well all I assumed wrong.......  The problem wasn't with PAM after all.  I
made the following changes to my smb.conf file and the stangest thing
happens.  The passwords are actually changed, however, an error still
appears on the windows client.

I added the following line under [global]
smb passwd = /usr/local/private/smbpasswd

I commented out the following lines under [global]
pam password change = yes
passwd chat debug = yes

I changed the following line under [global]
passwd program = /usr/local/bin/smbpasswd %u

If there are any ideas out there you help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Meyer

news:aufr26$flr$1 at main.gmane.org...