[Samba] smbclient thinks passwordless account is anonymous

John Tyner jtyner at cs.ucr.edu
Fri Dec 27 02:00:02 GMT 2002

	I didn't find anything helpful there. I've checked the smbclient man
page. The only time it mentions the guest account is under the -U option
which says something to the effect that the guest account is used when
the USER and LOGNAME environment variables are not present. I set these
as well as trying some other suggestions found there (the PASSWD
environment variable and the -A option), but without a password,
smbclient treats the attempt as an anonymous login despite being given a
different, valid username.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
John