[Samba] windows to linux printer problem

Jerry M. Howell II jmhowell at jmhowell.com
Thu Dec 26 20:11:03 GMT 2002

Hello all,

   I know I need to read the manual but I don't even know where I need
   to look in the manual. I'm haveing a little bit of a problem getting
   XP to print to my linux printer. I've got the smb.conf file set up to
   allow xp to access the corect share and it even sees the printer but
   it apears it doesn't have permision to print to it. What might I need
   to do to give it the corect permisions to print to the linux printer?
   My setup is the following:

   One XP box, Named kim1
   One Redhat 7.3 Box named jerry
   Network Name MSHOME
   Printing useing cups software
   printername local
   ip subnet 192.168.0.0
   samba version 2.2.3a

   Might be overkill on info might not be enough, if more info is needed
   feal free to let me know.

   tnx,

- Jerry M. Howell II