[Samba] can not connect to the shared printer

naugaranch naugaranch at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 24 12:51:01 GMT 2002

I'm not an expert but I see lots of things missing in your smb.conf file.

You have not defined the samba server netbios name. No samba password path.
Have you set samba passwords?  Define security level.

Also, you may find that you will neeed to stop IPChains and IPTables on the
samba server once you get things running somewhat.  At least until you can
set up firewall rules.

Once you set the netbios name - you should then be able to "see" the samba
server in network neighborhood.  Also, should be alble to ping from windows
both the samba IP address and net bios name.

These are all things I learned over the last few months as I have been
learning Samba - hope it helps.

Tom Winfield

[global]

   workgroup = HOME