[Samba] nt bdc samba pdc

Colin Jenkins colinjenkins at optushome.com.au
Mon Dec 23 06:57:01 GMT 2002

Hi all,

    I am setting up winbind on a samba box to be used on an NT/2000
    domain.
    I'm testing this at home, my PDC is mandrake 9, so I set up an old
    box as an NT BDC to do the authentication, but I cant seem to get
    it to join the domain. I have created the machine account etc for
    the NT box but get the error 'this computer name is already
    configured as a workstation or server on the domain'.
    Is it not possible to have an NT BDC with a Linux PDC?

--
regards,
 Colin

mailto:colinjenkins at optushome.com.au

5:00pm up 5 days, 45 min, 2 users, load average: 0.94, 0.42, 0.25
Engineering: "How will this work?" Science: "Why will this work?" Management: "When will this work?" Liberal Arts: "Do you want fries with that?"
 ..registered linux user #223862 ..