[Samba] Error Saving Certain Files in Profile from Win XP PRO

Arno Gramatke gramatke at zlw-ima.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Dec 22 11:46:00 GMT 2002

You get this popup, because in your "Startup"-Folder there is a file called
"desktop.ini". I'm not sure how this file gets there, but it is
somehow related with saving windows desktop/background/etc settings.
If you enable to show all files and extensions in explorer, you can
see this file in your startup-folder. As a workaround you can just
delete the file -> no more popups. But it might come back. We are
still investigating, how this happens, but no conclusion yet. It might
depend on what profile-folders are restricted to upload to the profile
share.

Hope this helps for a start.

cu
 Arno Gramatke