[Samba] Error Saving Certain Files in Profile from Win XP PRO

Gordon Pritchard gordonp at sfu.ca
Sun Dec 22 03:56:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 12:51, John H Terpstra wrote:

> about 2 out of 3 stations will experience a problem. That problem could be
> anything from:
>
> 1. Pop-up of notepad with the contents of what looks like a .ini file

	I get this, and it's just plain weird.  Notepad pops up, with every one
of my three XP Pro users (using Samba 3.0alpha21-1 as PDC, and LDAP
authentication).  Here's the Notepad text I get:

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

	I don't want to have to re-install XP *again* though :-(  So, for now,
I just close Notepad.  Good to know I'm not alone with seeing this
behaviour, though.

	-Gord

--
Gordon Pritchard, P.Eng.         | Institute of Electrical and
Research Labs Manager            |      Electronics Engineers